Sunday 31 May 2015

PALLIATIVE POEMS: WILLIAMSJI TRANSLATES

I ASKED

Good, bad, or indifferent
Whatever be the checkerboard of my life
I couldn't thank God enough
He gave me crosses, He removed them
I faltered, He carried them for me
I stooped under their weight, He put them on His shoulder
I asked Him was my life worth it?
He pointed to the blushing rose, I stopped to inhale its fragrance
He guided me to the blue mountain, I drank my fill
He showed me the gurgling stream, I laughed with it
He took me to a wounded bird, I sang to her
He wiped the tears from an orphan's face, I cried with Him
He stood by the body of the dead, I wiped His tears
He stared into the leaping flames, I searched for life in the embers
He held my hand in His, I knew what my life meant  

No comments:

Post a Comment