Sunday 31 May 2015

PALLIATIVE POEMS: WILLIAMSJI TRANSLATES

DREAMING BIG APPLE

 

Poetess Shaiqua Murshed

What I would give to go back to New York, at least for a short visit. The city where I lived. The city to which I owe so much. The city that made me. The city that taught me palliative care, the city that polished my art, my poems, my fashion, my culinary pursuits......I could go on and on.
To wander through midtown Manhattan in my boots, the envy of so many in the NY medical facility; the pecan bars, the sports bars, guacamole and nachos, Carnegie Deli, the Metropolitan Opera, the Met museum, Chinatown, SOHO, Little Italy, the gelatos, the rice noodles, Kalustyan's, Hell's Kitchen, Harlem, red velvet cake, mac 'n cheese, farmer's market, Union Square, 98th street crosstown.....I could go on and on. I miss you guys like anything.
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride", and I am a good rider.....so New York city stay on the saddle, I will get there sooner than later. My supreme wish.......
Till such time I am transporting my soul to 50th street and Fifth Avenue and doing what New Yorkers do best: walk. You're welcome to join me on my surreal, virtual stroll.
And, New York, did I ever tell you 'thank you'.......from the bottom of my very real heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment